Monday, December 12, 2005

Review of the year..2005
Last year was a good year for me, I started training like I meant it in late September and I saw quite good gains in only a few months.

This year my highlighted events have been:

1) Mt Kinabalu Climbathon, Borneo Malaysia - do events get any harder than this one? - see report in this blog - painful or what. Manged to beat a very challenging cut off time - I will be back to tackle this one again in 2006. See the race report later in this blog.

2) Desaru half ironman, Malaysia - Another pain fest for me, but one that left no lasting damage, dsuffered a lot through not drinking enough and forgetting that simple rules that my mother taught me like wear a hat!! Lesson no 1 for Malaysian Ironman next year - drink like you mean it..
3) 24 hr race, Bangkok -
How far is it possble to run in 24hrs - we have all read the stories about people in dire sitautions covering large amount of distances on foot in limited times but how far could you make it? I managed 109 KM. Would have been better if i hadnt decided to have a quick nap in the middle of the night that turned into a full blown sleep - too much running earlier in the day. Overtaken by many whilst I was snoring away. Lesson no 2 - the tortise often catches the hare..





4) Adventure Race - Kanchanaburi, Thailand - An event that proves that exercise can be great fun - kayaking, running, mountain biking in one event along with some great views. Along with my team mate Chai managed a second place finish in one piece.


























5) Laguna Phuket Triathlon, Phuket, Thailand - As opposed to 2004 this was a completly pleasurable experience for me this year and I managed to shave 59 mins off my time from 2003 without the aid of the medical tent. Very well organised and great level of competition in a laid back atmosphere. I just wish I did not have to wait until December 2006 for the next one..





No comments:

Contributors